The Ministry of SMEs and Startups launched this year’s biggest startup festival in South Korea, the COMEUP 2020, from November 19-21. The three-day event aims to connect startups and business ventures under the theme “Meet the Future – Post Pandemic.”
The event’s first day featured four keynote speeches divided into two in the morning and two in the afternoon session. The topics included COVID-19 and Startups, startup policies, digital healthcare, and climate change.
COVID-19 & Startups: Fighting Against COVID-19
CEO and founder of Seegene Jong-Yoon Chun introduced the company’s technologies in the fight against COVID-19. The South Korean diagnostics company developed the world’s first AI-based technology to create Multiplex Molecular Diagnosis (MDx) Assays systems.
Jong-Yoon discussed Seegene’s molecular diagnostic system that includes three technology groups: SG Proprietary Multiplex technology, SG AI-Based Product Development SGDDS, and SG Bio-Platform Online Business Model.
- SG Proprietary Multiplex technology: Seegene’s Real-time PCR Assay Technology has been used as a COVID-19 test. The technology could also be used on HPV DNA testing for cervical cancer screening, giving women a chance to detect and avoid cervical cancer.
- SG AI-Based Product Development SGDDS: Seegene’s AI-based Assay development allowed the company to integrate 25 various proprietary technologies compressing almost 895 parameters in the product development process, eliminating complicated processes and making it faster to create assays. AI-based product development also reduces human error, improving overall accuracy.
- SG Bio-Platform Online Business Model: Seegene’s business model could provide remote support for the assay development process to international partners simultaneously. The bio-platform also allows the company to share its raw materials and technologies with customers for faster commercialization.
According to Jong-Yoon, SG’s ecosystem would allow for biotech and molecular diagnostic companies to generate a massive number of assays that could identify multiple diseases in a short amount of time.
“If you are taking molecular diagnosis in your daily life, I believe it will change your life.”
– Jong-Yoon Chun, Founder/CEO of Seegene
Visit COMEUP 2020 website to view the event’s programs. https://www.kcomeup.com/prog/program-main-event.jsp?
Check out other must-read articles from KoreaTechToday:
- South Korea Launches Global Startup Festival COMEUP 2020
- ComeUp 2020 to Support Startups Post-Coronavirus Era
- Ministry of SMEs and Startups Hosts AI Championship 2020
- South Korea Holds First Online Digital Economy Forum 2020 (DEF2020)