Due to its inherently isolating nature, remote work has become an essential practice amid the coronavirus pandemic, especially for office settings. However, “work from home” schemes can be a daunting task to maintain for industrial sites. In response to this situation, VIRNECT, a South Korean company, launched its second-generation augmented reality (AR)-based solutions for remote working on industrial sites.
Its AR solution 2.0 consists of VIRNECT Remote, Make, View, and Workstation, all of which increase productivity and safety in industrial sites.
Led by VIRNECT CEO Ha Tae-jin, the company specializes in extensive industrial AR and digital twin technologies. The company recently attracted 9 billion won ($7.7 million) worth of investment in a Series A funding round.
“The upgraded VIRNECT’s AR Solution 2.0 not only has the addition of various features but also focuses on making AR solutions easier for customers to use in their workplaces. We hope that this would be great news to customers looking forward to a new version.”
-Ha Tae-jin, VERNICT CEO
AR Solution 2.0 Products & Updates
Through its 3S (Saving, Safety, Smartness) values to customers, VIRNECT utilizes AR technologies on industrial sites to improve operations. As companies experience unprecedented challenges during the COVID-19 crisis, the latest AR solution 2.0 update facilitates remote working environments for industrial settings.
VIRNECT would apply the latest updates to the company’s existing products:
- VIRNECT Remote: Remote is an AR multi-remote collaboration solution that provides a multi-communication system. Its AR sharing functions and collaboration board features boast the fastest call response time in the industry. Even in low bandwidth environments, Remote guarantees HD level video quality compatible with web browsers, smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
- VIRNECT Make: Make could produce and distribute AR contents such as tables, graphs, task lists, animations, and responsive documents. Users could create content for different screen resolutions making it easier to use and share.
- VIRNECT View: View helps users to visualize field information such as contents and registered tasks lists through AR. It helps data reach diverse targets and place AR contents on specific locations through its content editing functions. Users could quickly write tasks and register trouble memos using View.
- VIRNECT Workstation: The newly released solution management, Workstation, provides user account settings, AR content lists, and job history management features. Workstation creates an integrated management system within the industrial site.
Promotion and Offers for VIRNECT Customers
At the launch of VIRNECT’s official AR 2.0 solutions, the company currently provides a range of promotions to its customers.
- All customers with VIRNECT webpage accounts will get a 30-day free trial for the new AR solution 2.0.
- Customers who purchased more than three product licenses for more than three months get a Realwear Smart glass and a mini Bluetooth keyboard.
- Customers who purchased for more than six months would get an additional 6-month lenience period.
- Upon application, customers who purchased VIRNECT Make would receive AR contents that are produced free of charge.
Additionally, VIRNECT would provide supplementary events until the end of the year. For more information, check the website: http://www.virnect.com/.
Media contact: Yu-sok Hwang, Marketing Manager, [email protected]
Check out other must-read articles from KoreaTechToday:
- LG Uplus Establishes to Facilitate Global XR Content Telco Alliance
- LG Uplus, Nreal to Launch 5G-Powered AR Glasses “U+ Real Glass”
- SK Telecom Launches 5G-Powered AR Tour of Joseon Dynasty
- SK Telecom to Launch 5G-Based AI Interactive Remote Education Service