Samsung Electronics announced on Tuesday that it would host its first online Samsung AI Forum 2020 through its YouTube channel. The South Korean tech company would livestream the event for two days from November 2 to 3. Industry experts and live world-renowned academics on AI would join the event to share knowledge, exchange ideas, insights, and the latest research findings into AI technology.
The event would encompass ten sessions, six sessions for the first day, and four sessions for the second day.
Day 1: AI Technologies for Changes in the Real World
Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) would host the presentations on Day 1 under the theme “AI Technologies for Changes in the Real World.” Vice Chairman & CEO of Device Solutions at Samsung Electronics, Dr. Kinam Kim, would deliver the opening remarks.
Day 1 would cover topics such as limitations AI technology faces in real-world problems, challenges that AI needs to overcome on a global scale, and human-level AI.
Day 1 Sessions:
- “Towards Discovering Causal Representations” by Prof. Yoshua Bengio, the University of Montreal
- “Self-Supervised Learning” by Prof. Yann LeCun, New York University
- “Meta-Learning: From Few-Shot Adaptation to Uncovering Symmetries” by Prof. Chelsea Finn, Stanford University
- “Reconstruction of the Brain” by Prof. Donhee Ham, Fellow at the Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology, Professor at Harvard University
- “Intelligibility Throughout the Machine Learning Life Cycle” by Dr. Jennifer Wortman Vaughan, Microsoft Research
- “End-To-End Models for Speech Recognition” by Dr. Tara Sainath, Google Research
Samsung would also present its first “Samsung AI Researcher of the Year” based on extensive evaluations and assessments made by AI experts. The awardee would then give a presentation as well as receive a 34.7 million won ($30,000) prize.
Day 2: Human-Centered AI
Samsung Research would host the sessions under the theme “Human-Centered AI, with Dr. Sebastian Seung delivering the keynote speech. AI experts would also present their insights on the future of AI research activities.
“We hope that Samsung AI Forum 2020 will contribute to enhanced understanding of AI technology developments and its applications that can bring positive impact to human lives.”
– Dr. Sebastian Seung, President and Head of Samsung Research
Day 2 Sessions:
- “Natural Language Processing” by Prof. Christopher Manning, Stanford University
- “Vision” by Prof. Devi Parikh, the Georgia Institute of Technology
- “Human Robot Interaction” by Prof. Subbarao Kambhampati, Arizona State University
- “Robotics” by Prof. Daniel D. Lee, Cornell Tech, Executive Vice President at Samsung Research and Head of Samsung AI Center-New York
Check out other must-read articles from KoreaTechToday:
- Ministry of SMEs and Startups Hosts AI Championship 2020
- South Korea Holds First Online Digital Economy Forum 2020 (DEF2020)
- Samsung R&D Centers Win Top Places in Notable AI Challenges
- SK Telecom Hosts “ai.x 2020 conference: Human.Machine.Experience.Together”